Thursday, July 8, 2010

Flea Market

Hello All!

I hope everyone had a great Independence Day! I was fortunate enough to get to take a trip back home for a friends' wedding and spend the week with family and friends. It was wonderful! However, that means I haven't posted in a while so this is long overdue!

Now that I am back home in Chicago I've really got to buckle down and build up my inventory for The Crafter's Round-Up that is just around the corner. I am very excited about this show and very anxious to get some time to create! The last day of our trip in Arkansas my son came down with Strep Throat. Yuck! So, I suppose my create time will be in a few days when he's feeling better and needing a little less 'mommy time'.

While I was in Arkansas I got to go to my favorite place... The Flea Market! Honestly, it's my absolute favorite place to go because I just get lost in all of the stories of all the unique and interesting pieces! Here's a couch that I found that had the best shape to it and was the prettiest rusty-orange color! I can just imagine the room it must have sat in and the people who must have sat on it...

Then there was this bike which made me think of the hubby. I just picture a 12 year old little boy doing his paper route on it...

There was this great old register which was another reminder that I was born in the wrong generation. I wish I could have been the little girl walking down to the corner candy store to pick up a $.05 piece of chocolate and checking out at this register...



And finally these old skates. When I was a kid I had some like this, but they were plastic. Although the plastic was a heck of a lot lighter than the metal, you can't help but appreciate the 'sturdy'-factor of these...


A complete treasure trove! I'm excited to see how all of that translates into jewelry. I hope everyone has a great weekend and can find a flea market or antique store to go get lost in! Take some pictures and let me know how it goes!

Until next time...






No comments:

Post a Comment