Tuesday, March 8, 2011

It's The Simple Things In Life

Some days things are far from exceptional. Other days, there's nothing really wrong with your day, but nothing quite right with it either. These types of days are my personal Doldrums.

Growing up I have always had an eye for detail. Maybe it wasn't even detail as much as it was something happening that others just weren't paying attention to. These types of things became (and are still) my own personal events. They are truly simple, but wonderful and amazing at the same time. Leaves dancing around me as I walk through a windy day; A squirrel enjoying the stem off of my pumpkin right on the porch; Car lights waltzing across my ceiling while I lie in bed awake; Seeing a small animal stick his head out of a hole in a tree as if that hole was put in that tree just for him to find refugee: My sweet son figuring out how to twist a cap off of an old bottle and then doing it again and again for a solid 10 minutes! This picture, which is still one of my favorites, of an old shudder on the side of a house in Rome.


These simple things bring me out of my Doldrums. They remind me how much life there is to be had and how I can't waste a second of it. They remind me just how beautiful everything is around me and how truly lucky I am to get to be a part of it. It's like how would a symphony sound without the violins? One less violin and the sound wouldn't be as full. These are pieces to my symphony. If I don't take the time to pay attention to them it's as if my life isn't as full. The best part is, I know now that I am a violin for someone else's symphony. Without me, without you, life wouldn't be as full.

Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. Well said, Stacy. You really are quite Poetic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure are the violin in my symphony! Very poetic. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so much!

    @Jonathan: I don't know where I'd be without you!

    ReplyDelete