Monday, March 21, 2011

Happy Spring!

Eeep! My last post was last season! Joking aside, I apologize for the couple of weeks in blogging absence. I am so happy, though, that yesterday was the official start of Spring and that today Chicago's high's are supposed to be near 60! Now that's what I'm talking about! I am choosing to ignore the fact that their are possible snow chances in the forecast for later in the week and instead focus on being outside as much as possible today.

I wanted to give an update on my baked beads endeavor... Not so good. I promised a picture of after they had been painted and honestly, I cannot make good on my promise. They just looked better before the paint touched them. Yes, I'm disappointed too as I had high hopes for these little guys, but as usual, as one door closes another opens. I was out near my garden last weekend and found the most beautiful rocks of all different shapes and colors. They are so smooth that it makes me wonder how long they've been tumbling around in the dirt out there. So my new project is drilling holes through them to make them neck-worthy! They are going to be an exclusive line this year known as "My Secret Garden". Is your interest peaked? It should be! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment