Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Living in the NOW

I find it very hard to live in the NOW. I am sure most of you know what I'm talking about. I often catch myself daydreaming about the types of things I'll be doing with the kiddo when he is a certain age, what I'll be doing by the time I'm 30, where the hubs and I can move to and all of the things we will do once we're there. The fact of the matter is, though, the kiddo is only this age once, I still have seven years before I'm 30, and there really is no sign of the hubs and I picking up and moving anywhere in the near future. So, why am I spending so much time thinking about all of those things when I could be more in tune to what is going on right NOW? I don't want to grow old and feel like life passed me by because I was always looking too far ahead. Sure, with all the un-rest in the middle east, Japan teetering on a nuclear meltdown after an unthinkable quake and tsunmai, and gas prices soaring over $4.00 it is easy for one to want to escape the now and dream of better days. But how about capturing life as it is right NOW (the good, the bad and the ugly) and being thankful for this very day. Any other days to come will be a bonus. At least that's how I'm going to start trying to look at it. Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. I wrote something like this a couple of winters ago. The realization is sobering, the road to get there if fraught with life, but when you catch glimpses of loving "now"... it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tim. I really hope I can grasp this.

    ReplyDelete