Saturday, August 21, 2010

Here We Go!

Though I have been absent from my blog the past couple of days, I have been productive! As mentioned in my last post, I have decided to take a tour of Chicago's many resale, thrift, and antique stores on a hunt for items to be repurposed into my jewelry pieces. So far, I have visited three stores and made a little purchase at each!

First off was Penn Dutchman Antiques at 4912 N. Western Ave.


They boast having 13 rooms full of treasures and trust me, it did not disappoint! I didn't even make it to the second floor this first trip because I was so consumed by everything in the first half-a-dozen rooms. Though this place appears to be a bit in shambles (hey, they've been here for 40 years, what would you expect?) it definitely has a TON of great stuff. Not everything is marked for price, so ask several people working what the price is before you buy because they will likely all tell you something different.


I made out with a couple of keys and a couple of button hooks. As you can tell, I practiced some serious restraint. This place is definitely worth checking out! They had a whole room just for old postcards!

My next two stops were both consignment stores; A Secret Closet at 4617 N. Lincoln and Savvy Seconds and 1sts at 4724 N. Lincoln. Both are great as far as quality and style go and I was able to find a few things at both. Keep in mind, though, that at ASC their jewelry is not on consignment from the public like how it is at Savvy.


That being said, I found some earrings from ASC that I can't wait to break into pieces and use as pendants! I found some necklaces at Savvy that I think are going to add character when taken apart and reused with other things.

I am really looking forward to getting out on Monday and checking out some more places. I am also excited because I should be receiving a box early next week with old clock parts in it! What fun!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment