Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Old Into New

To my few faithful followers, I apologize for my absence. I'm embarrassed that it has nearly been 2 months since my last post. Please let me take the opportunity now to make a mid-year resolution that this will not happen again. I have some exciting new ideas that I am going to be diligent to blog about!

One of my favorite all-time bands is a little duo known as 100 Portraits. They have a song that has been a sort of anthem for me and my favorite lines (if I had to choose) are:
"You've made all my deserts into gardens. You've made all my deserts into gardens.
You've made all my ashes into beauty. You've made all my ashes into me."

Now, read that again. It is so good. I love that everything we go through, the good just as much as the bad, makes us into who we are. We are ever-changing people and I love that we're not the same yesterday as we are today, nor who we will be tomorrow. This brings me to my new endeavor...

Many of my jewelry pieces incorporate repurposed materials from found jewelry. I have really gotten into the thrill of taking apart the old and turning it into something new and I don't think that's a coincidence. I am currently working on a list of resale, thrift, and antique stores in the Chicago area and will be going on a hunt for wonderful pieces that have their own stories that I can take apart and turn into something new for you to add your new stories to. I hope to visit a new place each day and the goal will be to blog about that spot and my finds that evening. All of this is going to be challenging as I will be trying to hit these places up between my 10 month old's nap times, but I think it will be a fun adventure for the both of us. So, if you have any favorite hole-in-the-wall stores, let me know and I will be sure to check it out!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment